Wednesday, May 18, 2011

kcwc day 6 and 7

This is my final outfit for KCWC 2011.


I based this dress for Emma on this spring dress. My modifications were doing away with the front tie because I didn't feel up to tackling the buttonholes; and adding a bottom contrasting hem because erm, it turned out a little too short when Emma tried it on. I do like how it turned out though. The print of Japanese cherry blossoms, while pretty, is very busy, so I thought that the solid lavender hem was a nice grounding touch.

I think I need to lengthen the elastic around the waist because right now, it fits a little snug, but I am putting that off for a bit. Daunted by having to lengthen three elastic lengths! I am not sure why it is, but I seem to make elastic bands that are either too loose or too tight, can't get them just right!

I am taking a self-declared holiday from kids clothes now. I am either going to do something totally different, like bake, or do some selfish sewing for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment