Friday, May 13, 2011

kcwc day 3 and 4

3 pairs of 2T boys underwear.

Some random notes:
1. The final product looks so small, but there are a lot of seams on boys underwear. And topstitching practically doubles the number of seams.
2. I've tried it a couple of times now, and I think sewing with knits isn't very gratifying. There are so many puckers that I have to iron out, but by the time I actually finish up a pair, I'm too tired to pull out the iron again to make everything look nice. I think I am going to take a break from sewing knits for a while.
3. I actually considered just cutting out this underwear from the girls' pattern because I figured, the boy isn't actually going to use the fly opening. I didn't in the end. And I regretted it when I was sewing on the fly binding - it's another two seams; four if you count the topstitching!

1 comment: