Sunday, May 8, 2011

back in the day

Penpals don't exist anymore.

Because nobody writes letters with a pen anymore.

Back when I was in secondary school, writing to penpals was one of those things that lots of people did. I think teenage magazines used to have lists of people who wanted penpals, complete with their list of hobbies so that you could pick someone who had the same interests as you. I had a couple. I wrote to penpals in Hong Kong, Greece and France. I have obviously lost touch with them. although I did meet up with my penpal from Paris when I backpacked in Europe. I stayed over at her apartment for a night and she showed me the Eiffel Tower. I remember that she was very into all things Asian - which was a little funny because I was very interested in all things French.

Anyway, all this to lead up to this: 2011 International Postcard Swap for Families. I've signed us up and am already thinking of what sort of postcards to send off. Maybe with a little gift too?

No comments:

Post a Comment